Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Therapy

Well, I stumbled into a little therapy session today.
Retail therapy.
I took Andrew to help out my brother in his house - he's earning a little money to help pay for a youth group overnight that's coming up soon. And I went shopping.
There's this pair of shoes (of course) that I saw, like, six weeks ago and I haven't been able to let go of them in my mind. I also haven't been able to set aside the pittance that they cost at Ross...you know....vacations, birthdays, etc....and I decided I'd get them tonight before somebody else does.
I was secretly hoping they were on sale, but they weren't. And I still bought them. And also another pair of shoes that called out to me, peeking their shiny brown, mary-jane-strapped, flower-side-buttoned selves out from under a shelf.
And I bought a suit. It was in my size, which never happens for those of us whose clothes need a "p" on the size tag. And it was on clearance.
And I bought two pairs of pants, also in my size. No hemming required.
And I feel really guilty. I will be in trouble if I run out of grocery money next week, but hopefully I can just sneak the new stuff into my stash, and hubby will never know.
Hopefully.
But it was fun.
And now the fun must end. I am going to be a responsible citizen and watch the Presidential Debate. It's not going to change my mind, but I still think I should watch it.
Even though it's totally going to kill my shopping buzz.

DAILY BLISS: birthday cake for lunch and a late-night cup of decaf coffee

4 comments:

Mary said...

May all the guilt subside as your creativity expands beyond the grocery budget's limitations and provides you with wonderful dishes, served by very well adorned feet.

60ish and Glad said...

The debate was so exciting I fell asleep. Why can't the enemy camp totally screw up and look like a fool? Gnash.....

Christy said...

Mary -
I receive that, thankyaJesus :)

frabjouspoet said...

I so know what you mean about the joys of finding anything that fits...from someone else who needs a P on the tag!