Friday, October 10, 2008

Things Are Looking Up

Because it can only go up from here.
This morning, I was putting on a pair of those new pants I told you about. I pulled off all the tags (yeah - I'm one of those people who usually can't wait to wash something new before I wear it) and slipped them on and felt a tag still in the seat of the pants.
I reached in and grabbed it.

And it squished.

I screamed a loud, girlie, children-awakening scream.

I flung the "tag" across the bed and that roach just skittered to the other end of the bed, hiding under the pile of laundry.

It's enough to make a girl consider granny panties for better coverage, I tell you.

Yup. A roach in my pants. That kind of thing should be reserved for Mondays only. But you know me - I like to make every day special.

3 comments:

claibornes corner said...

Better than a "Bee in your Britches"!!!! Remember my Bee stings this summer????

Mary said...

odglogdddoogggblech!

I think my hands would be shaking and I'd be skittish for the rest of the day. It's amazing what big effects, small critters can make.

Amy Button said...

I'd love to say that's never happened to me but I used to live in FL. Cockroaches- gag. They are at the top of my list for reasons I'd rather live in TN. I think I've only seen two or three since we moved here. I'm so sorry.