Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Big 1-0

We had a fabulous birthday party today for my fabulous boy. He turned ten and we celebrated the double digits with a double feature movie party at our house. We turned our entertainment center into a theater with a little help from the bedding department at WalMart:

And we even borrowed a real popcorn popper:


I attempted a cake that looks like reel film, but I've never been good with decorator icing. I can't understand why I'm not, so I keep trying anyway:



Lots of awesome presents were received and there was even a pinata:



Anyway, it was a great day. I'm so tired. I am soooooo going to bed early.


DAILY BLISS: Emma asked me if she could organize my shoes. As if I needed convincing, she told me they were "all in a jumble, and we don't want that, do we?" Certainly, we do not.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Great looking theater. Looks like a great party.

Is Emma your organizer? It sounds like you have a very good helper on your hands. Not bad!

Christy said...

Ha! One look at her room will tell you that she is not the organizer, but she just loves shoes that much!
She does, however, love to plan things. She'll probably like to organize information like her mommy does. I love making lists and stuff like that - she seems to also.