Monday, July 30, 2007

Big, Big, Friendy Love

We were driving in the car today and Emma began to chatter on and on about her "boyfriend" and how excited she would be to see him at school this year. We have worked really hard against the idea of a boyfriend since she was, oh, three. We have tried to offer her alternative words to express her affection, offered ideas of relationships that are not, well, so grown-up....all to no avail. Those of you who have known me for a long time will know that I am simply reaping what I have sown. So, just as I was about to open my mouth and redirect her train of thought, she said, "I just love him so much! I love him with a big, big, friendy love!"
I had been looking for just those words. You, my friends, have said such wonderful things to me as my family has walked through our losses this year. That you would be interested enough to read that many words about my life is incomprehensible to me. That you would call my words beautiful....it renders me speechless. So, thank you for your words and thoughts and prayers. I love you all with a Big, Big, Friendy Love.

DAILY BLISS: The dollar table at Barnes and Noble (it doesn't happen often, but if you're there on just the right day....oh boy!) and cooking on a rainy afternoon.

1 comment:

frabjouspoet said...

Oh, oh, oh, I just LOVE the bargain tables at Barnes & Noble. It's where I've found incredible treasures...especially since I can usually find my geeky history books and biographies.