Friday, July 13, 2007

Magic and Dishes

First, let me just say that I saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last night. I loved it. I really, really loved the books, and I like the movies too. I am now completely excited for Friday night - when we get our (I mean Andrew's) reserved copy of the last book. Drew and my friend Julianna are going to stand in line. Julianna has a red and gold Gryffindor scarf and she wore it to the movie last night. She's super-excited for the book. I don't like crowds of strangers, so I'm going to let them just do it alone. Then I will steal the book while my son is sleeping. I don't plan on sleeping at all until I'm done with the book.
We had to scramble for child care this week, as my friend who is watching the kiddos is in New York. She deserves every bit of fun she's having right now. My saintly grandma took the kids for a couple of days, and my rock star brother had them today. Let me just say that, although I trust him (he is very good with animals....), I have never left my kids in the care of a brother for the whole day. Neither of my brothers have kids yet. I wasn't worried, but did wonder whether they were simply going to play xbox all day long and leave dishes everywhere. But that would be fine with me. At least they get to hang out with their uncle - lots of kids don't get that. But, blessing of blessings, surprise of surprises, I came home to this sight:


Emma is wearing one of my vintage aprons and they are washing the dishes. It was fabulous.

DAILY BLISS: A cloudy afternoon, a new knitting project in my lap, and Kings of Convenience. Need I say more?

No comments: