Monday, July 9, 2007

Bits and Pieces of My Day

My little bird-friend at work has added some acrobatic antics to his singing. He makes quite a high fluttering jump off the top of the cross and lands right back on it. I am still enjoying his song. I still have not seen a girl for him, but I did see him run off another guy.....
Thank you all for your kind words about my knitting! I am totally into it now. My hubby has taken to calling me "Little Christy Knitter" only you have to say the hard "k" sound, so it's more like kanitter. This is only funny to those of you who have seen The Three Amigos enough times to remember when the German pilot called Ned "Little Neddy Knickers" in the same pronunciation. Sadly, we have seen it that many times.
The heat is now stifling here. This is the time of year that I hate, hate, hate living in Florida. Yes, you northern-ish folks get a hot day or two, sometimes even a heat wave, but this will not leave until late October. Did I mention that I hate it? Walking outside into the heat and steam, you feel like you could make a fist and the air-juice would go running down to your elbow. I am living indoors nearly 100 percent of the time now. So are the kids. They are driving each other batty. They are driving me batty too. I forced them to go outside this evening. Ha! They just sat on the ground in the backyard and waited until I called them back inside. It's that bad.
The only other exciting thing is that I have a birthday coming up....not this Saturday, but next. It's not really that exciting, though. Has anybody else noticed that you really do care less and less about birthdays as you get older? I always felt sorry for those poor adults when I was a kid - no piles of presents, no noisemakers or cupcakes. Just cards and one or two gifts. And most of the cards didn't have money in them! How dreadful! I have wondered if I'm just bitter about getting on into my thirties. I don't think so, though. I think I just genuinely am not that interested anymore. Don't get me wrong - my husband had better buy me a present. But grandparents and siblings? Eh...whatever.

DAILY BLISS: Organic, fair-trade coffee from Costa Rica. It was roasted on Thursday. It tastes kind of like a campfire in the rain forest. Amazingly smooth and all roasty-toasty! (I have a connection to a missionary there who is helping a community to do this as a sustainable business, through a friend. Her dad brought back coffee for those of us who ordered it. I love her dad on an entirely new level now.) I actually found myself sticking my nose into my empty mug for a long time after it was gone, just to sniff up every last molecule.

1 comment:

frabjouspoet said...

I so agree with you that the summer heat just...well, there's nothing nice I can say about it. And now that the sun is almost down, I need to go take care of some outside "stuff".