Thursday, July 12, 2007

I've Been Tagged

Okay. Mary tagged me to do one of those list things. I have done them before, and I actually think they're kind of fun. It's a list of weird things about you. There are lots of weird things about me, if you haven't already noticed. Here's a link to my last list.
Now I will try to think of more things that I can actually post in public....oh....I have to post the rules first. Here they are:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

So on with my things:
1) I transcribe constantly. When I listen to people talk, my fingers are always typing what they have to say. In the air, on a table, on my lap....whatever. It's like a nervous tic or something.

2) I have a strange talent for singing various tunes over other ones that match the chord structure, also for picking out pilfered riffs. There's a Lifehouse (I think) song right now that you can sing to an Edwin McCain song. There's another one on Christian radio that you can sing a Keane song to. Did you know there's a three-note Led Zeppelin riff in that Carrie Underwood song about Jesus taking the wheel? I just hear that stuff and it really drives me crazy. There are about three more of these things on the radio currently. But I don't remember all the band/song names, so I will leave it alone.

3) I'm a terrible decision-maker. I can always see the arguments instantaneously on all sides of a subject and I am never sure which one is right. Even when it comes to where to eat dinner.

4) I'm nearly 31 and just opened my first checking account in my name with my own money a week ago.

5) I'm double-jointed all over. Most of my fingers are and both of my thumbs are. I can even bend one of my thumbs all the way backward. My jaw and one of my hips are also double-jointed.

6) Speaking of odd physical talents, I can spread my toes out and stretch them. I grew almost all the way up never knowing that this was an unusual thing. However, two of my favorite men over the years have pointed it out independently of each other and have told me it's very cute.

7) I still have one baby tooth. Which is not nearly as weird as the fact that one of my brothers had almost no adult teeth. He has implants now. My little tooth is still holding on for dear life, though.

8) This one's a little personal: My biggest, most irrational fear is of being watched or listened to when I don't know about it. I did have a peeping tom incident and later in my life a stalker, neither of which helped, but I can honestly remember having this fear when I was 7. It's not so much a throat-clutching, heart-racing fear as something that makes me feel creepy-crawly sometimes.

I'm supposed to tag eight of you people to continue the list-making, but I don't think I know eight more people who have blogs, so I will try to think of as many of you as possible, and then if you don't want to do it....well....you're a party pooper. And really, most of you did this with me last time, but certainly there are more weird things??? So, Becky (I think Mary tagged you, but just in case she didn't..), Allison, uh, Joe if you feel like it, uh.....that's pretty much it. Anybody else? If you want to play, just post something in the comments to let me know you did it too :)

4 comments:

Mary said...

I tagged my sister Becky, just to clarify.

I have talented toes also...I can fold them under, as if my feet are making a fist...apparently there are people who are grossed out by this. I've never been told it's cute. :)

Everyone else's list makes me think of more odd things about myself.

Christy said...

Well, I think it must be cute. So there.
I do the same thing as you do when I read weird things about other people. It makes me remember more weird stuff about myself. We have odd foot talents in common, but I also must confess to sharing your duality of mind (from your list). We're a lot alike I guess!

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Ok, on the subject of wierd things in common, C, I am also double jointed, AND I share your toe abilities (I tried it just to be sure). And now that I'm aware of it... next time we go on a girl's weekend, I'll just bring a laptop and you can transcribe the whole thing. Well... except the scandalous parts. Then again, maybe it would be good to have proof of the scandalous parts. (I guess I share that all sides of an argument thing too!) Anyway, Oh to have had a transcript of our last trip, yes?

Christy said...

Um, frankly, the existence of a transcript of our last trip could endanger any political future either of us may hope for ;) But it would be nice to re-read and re-live!
Toe-spreaders have been coming out of the woodwork in response to this post. I may have to change the unusual thing to the fact that I can wiggle my ears.