Friday, July 6, 2007

Photo Update

Fourth of July:



















My first knitting project, modeled so kindly by Emma:











Sigh. I'm just thinking about how, ten years ago tonight, I was feeling like my that baby was never going to come out of me. I cried at my mom's house. Then I went home and took a bath and painted my toenails. Or maybe I had Chris paint them....I'm sure that I couldn't reach them by then.....
Little did I know that I would be awakened in the middle of the night!

DAILY BLISS: borrowing a popcorn machine for tomorrow's party! how cool is that going to be?!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! Nice job! Quite brave for a first project. It looks GREAT! I was thinking back 10 years also, this whole year is full of 10 year anniversaries as I met and married Kris all in 1997. I also met you, very pregnant, 10 years ago.

Christy said...

Oh dear. I remember that! I was so mortified to meet THE GIRL of one of my boys in such a state. I can't remember in which order they left me, but they were most definitely MY boys for a long time. I so wanted to still be impressive when I met their girls. Ah well. It's probably better that I was a waddling tub of lard.

frabjouspoet said...

Wow! The knitting project looks FABULOUS!

frabjouspoet said...

Oh, your new quote reminds me of the time a friend of mine said she needed to marry a man who would keep her in the lifestyle to which she should be accustomed.

Amy Button said...

That is a really ambitious project for your first and it turned out beautifully. I still haven't finished my first scarf that I started a year and a half ago. And Travis and I are almost to the 10 year anniversary of when we started dating- it will be in November this year. :)

Christy said...

Goodness, thanks everyone! I'm such a glutton for affirmation! I know that it looks ambitious, but it's mostly just knits and purls with a few yarn-overs tossed in there. It wasn't any harder than a rib knit and it looks much more impressive :)