Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hmmmmm....

I generally try to refrain from talking about theology and politics and other controversial things about which I am not fully educated and therefore have no business talking about. So, no firestorm of comments please....?
But I read a story today about the Pope's little paper which he recently "approved." Parts of this document reiterate the "fact" that the only true church is the Catholic church, because they are able to trace their bishops all the way back to Christ's apostles, and that was the one church that Christ established here on earth. I guess this means, in my limited understanding and according to the paper, that all the other churches cannot actually be called churches and therefore do not have the means of salvation.


I was mostly just wondering if that there spiffy church hat can be traced back to Paul, making it the One True Hat or something.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I think we can trust him because it looks like he was actually around when Christ walked the earth. He probably signed the apostles year books and stuff.

Christy said...

LOL!
Ah. Yes. Well, in that case, I suppose I'll have to take his word for it :)

Mary said...

You have been tagged. See my blog.