Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Satan's Camaro is Stalking Me

No. Not really. That's just the my favorite thing that Sam Witwicky said in the movie I just saw. Transformers. More than meets the eye, I tell you.
It was......SO freaking (insert Oprah-style singsong voice) AWESOME! The thing is, we have probably fifty or sixty Transformers in our house, a large collection of Transformers comic books (those are my husband's from his childhood) and even a borrowed box of vintage ones. This is serious business in our house. My son says he wants to study robotics at MIT. I'm pretty sure that playing with Transformers has something to do with that. Well, that and having a robot-guy as a friend. I mean my friend. Well, it doesn't really matter whose friend, I guess.
Anyway, we saw the first trailer for the movie LAST JUNE and have been counting down the days ever since. We pretty much knew what to expect. The Optimus Prime quote from the trailer is, "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." So, much like the old cartoons, this will be a clearly defined battle between good and evil, with a plot line emphasizing freedom (well, America too), diversity and acceptance of other, um, alien races....lots of robot fighting and cool sound effects, all set to screaming guitar licks. YESSSSSS!
It soooooo lived up to my expectations. Plot lines? Who needs them when there's a death match going down between Optimus and Megatron in the streets of a major metropolis? It was so cool that I'm still talking pretty loud! I know you can't tell that....perhaps I should type in all caps so you can get the picture of exactly how much adrenaline I have coursing through my veins right now! Maybe you can, due to all of the CAPS and exclamation points I'm using!!! I get way too involved in movies. I almost cried when Bumblebee...Hm. I guess I don't want to give away any plot secrets, 'cuz you know y'all are all gonna see it. Haha. It was an uncharacteristically intense movie for me and I am definitely suffering from proximity-induced hyper-testosterone-ism.
I'm going to go swear now and maybe break something!!!!

DAILY BLISS: An early thunderstorm and having tomorrow off

5 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

With a review like that, I guess I will have to go see the movie!

Mary said...

Kris is excited about seeing it too. I can tell that you had brothers when I read your post. I had one and he was younger so his interests didn't have near the effect on me an older brother would have, or even multiple younger brothers. Regardless, I feel your excitement and it makes the movie much more appealing. :)

Christy said...

Ha! I certainly hadn't intended to sell the movie to everyone :) But yeah....I didn't grow up with many girls in my life, and I still don't have many by comparison...so....it was almost as big a deal for me as it was for the boys.

Joe said...

I am jealous. I want to see this thing ASAP.

Amy Button said...

I'm totally going...