Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Stuff

Well, I don't have much to say, I guess. We have just been living and doing and being. I guess those are all good things, but they don't make for much in the way of a good story.
My dear hubby is home, though. I had almost forgotten him (after only a week! Yikes!)...but he promises to remind me later:) And, joy of joys, he took us all out to dinner and we bought school sneakers for the kids.
See? Bo-o-o-o-ring.
I am suffering a bit under the realization that school is only a couple weeks away, though. Life is whizzing by too quickly for me. I'm a sip-your-tea-slowly kind of a girl, and current life is much more at the pace of gulp-your-soda-and-try-not-to-burp-in-public.
Ah, well.

DAILY BLISS: A surprise visit at work from Chris, on his drive home from Mississippi (bleah!) and Julianna (my work friend/knitting instructor/Harry Potter expert) told me that I was a good knitter! Hooray!

5 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

When I started teaching, I was struck with how quickly time goes by. There's nothing like watching kids grow and change to mark the passage of time. It's scary to me, and aside from dealing with parents, it's the part of teaching I don't like. My favorite month has become July when I forget what day of the week it is and my life is just one giant blob of interwoven moments. August sneaks up way too quickly.

Mary said...

I'm so glad my boys aren't in school yet. I keep hearing from mothers and the woes of time speeding by as they enter the halls of learning. I know he wants to go and I'll be excited for him but I want to enjoy these slightly slower years at home a little longer.

Christy said...

I'm so glad that you are enjoying those years. So many moms resent being at home or wish for the faster-paced working life. It's such a shame. What precious years they are, the baby-to-preschool ones. Emma has entirely lost her "little"-ness over this summer. It is sooooo sad.

Mary said...

Hey Christy, my friend who knits is doing this "red scarf project". I thought you might like to know about it. Check out www.lifetrain.blogspot.com and click on her heading for August 2.

I don't know how to post links in my comments very well.

Christy said...

OOO! Thanks Mary! I'm going to look into it today! Scarves are about the only thing I can make so far :)