Friday, August 17, 2007

A Moment of Glory

I was shopping at Wal Mart tonight. I know. Yuck. It was so hot in there that the coconut oil I bought (which is usually solid at room temperature) was completely liquefied. Plus, it was late enough that, though the store was still packed with people, they were packing the aisle full of boxes for stocking. I hate this kind of shopping.
I got went to check out and all the lanes were three or four carts deep. I now knew that my frozen peas would be thawed by the time I got home and my chicken would be questionable. But, I finally made it to my turn and almost smiled at the cashier, but she never did acknowledge me, so I just kept putting my stuff on the counter. The chicken was leaking and I got chicken juice all over my hands. Double yuck. I went fishing in my pretty Vera Bradley bag (A.K.A. too-expensive-for-me-to-buy-so-it-was-a-gift bag) for a napkin or something and discovered with my sweaty, hot, chicken juice hands that my lipstick had come open in the purse and was all over my wallet, my keys and now my hands. It was also under my fingernails. Triple yuck.
But I powered through and dealt with my issues while the cashier talked to her also-cashier daughter and also-employee daughter's boyfriend. Sigh.
On my way out, though, I passed a fan display. The breeze caught my ponytail wisps and I suddenly felt like a supermodel.....pushing........a cart. Never mind. Feeling passed. But it was a nice moment.


DAILY BLISS: The giant, juicy cantaloupe-slice moon tonight and catching "Hot Rod Lincoln" on the radio. I don't know why, but that song just makes me smile.

1 comment:

Mary said...

We have those fans at our Wal-mart. I always stop there to make sure Owen is still behind me. I look all frustrated at him to let him know he should be keeping up but inside I'm thinking, "take you're time buddy, I'm under the fan."

Hot...Rod...Lincoln! LOL