Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Fun For Me

Here's a look at what I've been up to:
Though this may look like a small animal being impaled upon a medieval torture device, it's not. This is going to be my brother's Christmas present. He was really excited when he found out I was learning to knit. He wants a beanie. He wants an angora beanie. The Peter Rabbit mug is there to emphasize the fact that it is 100% angora yarn - very fuzzy and very soft. The yummy yarn-in-the-mail that I mentioned before? Sandpaper.

I also mentioned yesterday about all the lotioning I've been doing. I happened to walk by the table this afternoon during the Changing of the Light (a fleeting, glowing moment that happens every afternoon in my west kitchen window), which I have not cleared off yet, and this is what I saw:

This makes my little heart flutter. I've worked hard on some real labels and pretty packaging. I even taught myself how to use some new software to make them. I ordered my first round of labels just tonight. Here's what the front and back of the sugar scrubs will look like:


And the top of one:

So, I've been a busy bee. I've also been Calamity Jane - I'm covered in scratches and bumps and bruises. This could be because I've been practically sleepwalking through my life....due to staying up too late....knitting and making things. I think I might do an Etsy shop to start with, but..but....I think I'll sleep for a couple of nights first.


DAILY BLISS: My honey's home!

3 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

How amazingly creative you are! I am so impressed and m ready to buy a jar or two or three.

Congratulations on capturing a moment on label

Joe said...

That ball of yarn is huge. It is almost the same diameter as the Eiffel Tower!

Christy said...

Yes. And it cost nearly as much, too:)