Saturday, August 25, 2007

Notice Has Been Given

Emma informed me this evening that when she and David (the boy-du-jour) get married, they'll be moving to Switzerland. She read that it was peaceful there. I think she misunderstood the meaning of the word "peace".....but anyway. I told her I would miss her an awful lot, but she was still pretty resolute. She said she'd visit me twice a year, for three weeks at a time.
I've lost my daughter already and she's only six.
I negotiated and won an occasional Christmas and birthday, though.

DAILY BLISS: Loud music and my 10-year-old's ever-sharpening humor skills

5 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

I think you may need to renegotiate so YOU can visit her in Switzerland some. I hear it's beautiful!

60ish and Glad said...

....and peaceful

claibornes corner said...

Nana will come and visit Emma!!!!

Mary said...

She is so clever!

Christy said...

Alright, alright. The wisdom of the collective wins again. I must go to Switzerland, then :)