Monday, August 13, 2007

Slice of Life

I have deep, emotional and new stuff to blog about. But not today. Today, I am tired. Today, I'm just going to blog for the sake of blogging and share a few slices of my life at this moment.
I was going about my usual business, making dinner this evening, when I was granted a visit from the self-proclaimed Angel of Peace. Oddly enough, she carries a sword. She told me that the sword is for slicing Satan down the middle from his head to his feet. There was a sweeping, air-sword demonstration of this action. Huh. Peaceful. Chris told me this makes perfect sense - she keeps the peace by carrying a piece. I have no idea where she comes up with this stuff.

Drew was visited by the Technology Fairy this weekend. And no, it's not Emma. Well....I don't suppose he'd want to be a fairy....uh....the Robo Gifter? Whatever. My friend sent him a link to some cool, free software. I think it's a kid-level programming language. But I don't know anything about that stuff. Drew seems to get it, though. And that's all that counts. Here's what he has looked like for two days straight:

He was sore, though, from his week at the YMCA camp last week. They really ran 'em ragged with racquetball, golf, weight lifting, swimiming.....all that good stuff. He asked me for a massage! So, Emma snapped a photo of me giving Drew a backrub. I would post it here, but I was still wearing my apron from cooking dinner. I look like some kind of haus frau in the photo. So, you'll not be seeing it.
The evening was concluded with a ball in the living room. The King and his Princess daughter danced to Pachelbel's Canon and she accidentally dropped a golden slipper upon leaving the ballroom. He gallantly came searching for the girl whose feet fit into it. I turned around from my desk and insisted that it must be mine. I want to be the queen!!! But alas, it only fit the tiny maid who had hidden under my desk moments before. I'm not sure how his daughter evolved into a maiden he had never met before, but I wasn't part of the game. So I won't judge.

DAILY BLISS: With all that I just wrote above? Who needs anything happier?

4 comments:

Mary said...

Love Emma's face in the photo. Peace comes with a price I suppose and she looks so sad that it's her responsibility to make it happen. At least she's beautiful.

Too fun!

Christy said...

Well, looking good IS half the battle. But, it's true. With great power comes great responsibility :)

Joe said...

Wow, there is a lot of stuff to catch up on here! I will get started reading now that I am better learning how to manage my time in this crazy post-baby world. I did notice that your Grandfather passed. Sorry to hear it.

claibornes corner said...

And you don't think she is going to end up in Vegas!!!!!!!!!!
Nana