Thursday, January 24, 2008

Diversion

Well, I'm not going to sit here and say that I am neatly wrapped up and all-better. I do have some things that I need to sort out in my head and yes, I could use a day all to myself, Aunt Claiborne. Actually two of them. I need one day to sort and then once my head is emptied out and I can enjoy it, a day to drive around and listen to angry rock music really loud while I scream and then do lots of fun things. The night before my two days, I would like to sit on the floor with Becky and we will "can't" together. Maybe it will be the closet floor and Alli can come too. And Mary, not only am I followed by that drummer, he is chasing me at high speeds. And thanks, Amy, for listening.
Thank you, Blog. I knew it would help to talk to you.
As for today, it was an odd one. Out of sorts and all.
But the boys went to Uncle Jon's for dudes' night and Em and I stayed home. We swung by Publx to pick up supper, and my self-proclaimed "expensive girl" asked for crab legs. Hokay. Why not? We got crab legs and fresh baby corn and some pomegranate juice to drink out of wine glasses. We had a delightful dinner and excellent conversation. I did the dishes and listened to my theme song (every girl should have a theme song) and a little bit of Led Zeppelin. I even picked up a trashy novel and sat in the mama chair with it for a while. There's a lady at the church where I work - I know I've mentioned her before - who asked me once if I liked mystery stories. Of course, I answered yes! And since then, she unloads a stack of books - dirty books - on me every so often. Which is scandalous and hilarious. I picked a pretty innocuous-looking one. Most of them end up getting trashed. But I feel obligated to read one or two, just to tell her I did and what I liked about a particular book. And it was nice. Sorting out my head will take more than an evening, so I have to wait until more than an evening presents itself. Until then, I plan to shove it down into a dark hole and find something to do so I can ignore it. That sounds healthy, right?

DAILY BLISS: sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup in my half-caf Starbucks and kisses from my big son, who will probably not be kissing me much longer, so I enjoy it while I can

3 comments:

Mary said...

That sounds like a great night and I though I know it doesn't take all the pressure away, it must make it more bearable. On the bright side of things...at least your not interrupted every 2 hours to breastfeed! I mean there are positives to this staying at home but c'mon...it has it's drawbacks too.

Christy said...

Girl, I feel ya. Those days of nursing every two hours are not *that* far behind me! And can I say that I really like having older kids? I wouldn't go back unless I had to!

60ish and Glad said...

Well, the breastfeeding moments are some of my very very favorite. With each baby I sat in front of the mirror and examined my baby and me. I burned the picture in my mind and can close my eyes and see everything about that momemt. I do it when I need a mental escape. Make a memory Mary..you will be glad some day!