Sunday, January 13, 2008

Feeding My Soul

I am sure that you all are as tired as I am of my endless complaining and public display of my to-do list! So, here is something fresh and nice:
I fed my soul today.
Sure, we had church and that always refreshes, but after church....I did nothing.
We put all of the Christmas away yesterday. Normally, we do this much earlier in the year, but I'm always sad about it. This year, it has been up for just long enough that I did not mourn the passing of the season.
In fact, I rearranged my living room and put the birds by the front window, next to my chair. The Mama Chair. I curled up in my big chair with the cardigan I'm knitting and enjoyed the light on my hands and the deep cranberry of the yarn. I sang to the birds and they listened attentively, heads cocked to the side and eyes shut into tiny slits. I tuned out the football games that my husband and son watched - all afternoon. It rained and my window was open. My wind chimes sang to me. It sounded so lovely.
I ate lunch in my chair.
Then I knitted some more.
Then I stole Chris' laptop and did research and read fun things in my chair.
Then I knitted some more.
Then I ate supper in my chair.
Aaaahhhh.
Maybe I can handle tomorrow after all. We shall see if I still feel that way after the grocery shopping tonight (which I neglected in favor of knitting), but I think I will.

DAILY BLISS: oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon and feeling smart in my glasses

5 comments:

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

A well-deserved respite, indeed. You're giving me ideas...

Mary said...

Well, I wasn't tired of your afflictions...you sound like a real person and I like real people.

I like comfy mamma chairs too and though I don't knit, I do crochet and can totally relate to the wonderful feeling of unwinding with a ball of yarn.

Christy said...

Heh. I'm as real as it gets, baby :)
And I'm going to think for a long time about unwinding with a ball of yarn today and how clever that choice of words is!

frabjouspoet said...

You know, I hate the thought of all those souls out there going hungry tonight. I feel better knowing that yours is not one of them. :)

Amy Button said...

Good for you! Everybody needs a day to sit and breathe and relax. Sounds like a perfect Sunday.