Sunday, January 27, 2008

Knitting Knite

Friday night marked the beginning of something new and fun for me. I'm trying to gather all of my friends that knit and crochet (there are a surprising number of them - it's like some secret hobby that nobody talks about), and those of my friends who want to learn how to do it. We will be working on afghans and blankies for a local shelter for battered women. It really will be lots of fun. See how excited I am?

Julianna, my knitting guru, brought a bunch of stash she wanted to unload - or was generously willing to donate - whichever. We dumped it all in the middle of the floor, along with Julianna's and my knitting books and patterns printed on various types of paper and needles were everywhere and mess and fun was had by all.

Though, we did lose our youngest knitter a little earlier than I'd expected. Fortunately, Aunt Mindy's lap was available:

Here's some of m'girls:








Oh, and lime cookies were involved. And jasmine tea, coffee and water (with lime slices, of course - I do love snacks that match). Girls have to keep their energy up, you know.....

3 comments:

claibornes corner said...

wish I could have been there!

Mary said...

Oh...sounds so wonderful! I wish I could have been there. We haven't had our sewing parties around here in sooooo long and we all feel too busy with our kids and all...but now I am inspired and it must be done!

Amy Button said...

That sounds like so much fun! It sounds like our sewing parties used to be. I think that was about 7 kids ago *sigh*.