Thursday, January 10, 2008

Wha' Happened?

Well, I had the loveliest of Mondays and fully intended to share it with all of you. Here it is, nearly Friday, and I have not had the time. Here is the short version:
This Monday saw the return of my One Hour on Mondays that happens between the end of work and the end of chess club for both kids. There were no errands to run and no presents to wrap. I went to my favorite lake and knit. I took pictures with my phone of my cup of tea from Starbucks, my iPod, my cranberry red knitting and my Secretary Shoes. If I only knew how to get photos off of my phone and onto my computer, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. C'est la vie. Monday also included my new ladybug apron which is sooo, sooo cute and matches my tattoo, and it was worn while I put together a lovely supper for my family, still wearing the Secretary Shoes. And then I listened to records on my new record player. Herb Alpert, to be precise.
But, from here on out, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be smashed together as one day. I toyed with calling it Twethursday or Tuesnesthursday, but neither one, nor any of my other brilliant concoctions seemed to fit. In order to fully express the lengthy smash of days it will just be all three, mashed in to one: Tuesdaywednesdaythursday. We have added tennis lessons to our schedule. Don't get me wrong (Mom), we are very happy to have this opportunity, a gift to Drew from Grandma. He is enjoying it. But that means that we leave school on Tuesday and head to tennis and don't get home until 5:30 and have to squeeze in homework and dinner and....it seemed like there was more. Maybe there was. I don't recall. Wednesday sees ballet and this Wednesday included activities that filled up the afternoon in between school and ballet, such that we ate at McDonald's for supper. McDonald's! That is a very irregular occurrence, and only happens when they are offering a special toy with their kids' meals. And Thursday (oh yeah - that was today) saw a repeat of Tuesday, with a little help for a friend added into the afternoon, such that I was making dinner at 7:00 and children were hollering homework questions at me.
Sigh. That doesn't look like as much on paper as it felt like it was. Suffice it to say that we left home at 7:30 every morning and didn't make it home until nearly 7:00 for three days in a row, and still homework, etc. to finish up.
So, I did not get to blog about Monday.
And on Wednesday, Emma was up on toe shoes again. I took pictures of her first time on point, but they are on my phone. And now we all know what that means. So....presenting the lurvely Miss Em and the cashmere legwarmers that I finally finished:


















Oh - I know what else happened on Tuesday! I got my glasses! Here's a crappy mirror shot, but you can still get the idea:

I think that pretty much covers my week so far. My eyes are burning. Could be looking through glasses for the first time, but seems more likely that the problem is lack of rest. Ah well. It's the stage of life, right? This is over in about 10 more years, right? I think I can, I think I can......

DAILY BLISS: Sitting in a breezy park while Drew had tennis class and combing Emma's wavy, beautiful hair

3 comments:

claibornes corner said...

Oh my God you are so busy - makes me glad I'm old!!! That is such a special shot of Emma in her Toe Shoes a "Moment" in time...I'm better and it's back to work...Love, Nana

Amy Button said...

Love, love, love the leg warmers! Love the glasses! Business *sigh* is part of life but I hate it when I have days like your tuesdaywednesdaythursday. I feel for 'ya.

60ish and Glad said...

Not 10 more years...10 minutes of years. When you are older you realize that all the years have only added up to one hour of life and you wished each minute lasted a year.

Glasses! hmm what a different time it is. I couldn't wait to get my contacts and you couldn't wait to get your glasses....when I am old and can't fend for myself don't let them put glasses on me unless they have sparklies on them! But DONT bury me in glasses.