Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Few Awful Photos

For Mary, the Almost Skirt, as seen through the lip gloss-stained ballet mirror in Emma's room:

I love, love, love this print - it was a Jonathan Adler Home duvet cover! This skirt started out as a dress that I kind of made up. I soon discovered that I have no talent when it comes to making up dresses, so I cut off the top and added a zipper. My first zipper - and it wasn't too bad. But the fabric kind of folds in at the sides. I think the waist needed to have more of a dip in the cut, if that makes any sense at all. But it's wearable and I do not want to spend more time with this skirt.
For Mindy, the baby bird, as seen from inside my laundry room:

This was after he realized that he was in my hand and flapped as hard as he could to get to the light.
For Nana, the lumberjack:

The answer to your question is, of course, yes. I did take photos. But they weren't great and didn't quite capture the hunky brawn of a man in action! But here is what I do have, for your viewing pleasure, you dirty old lady:) You can look, you can even pinch, but that is all mine.
Fun question: Who was your favorite Monkee? I heard "Daydream Believer" this morning on the radio and, as it always does, it made me smile big and heave an involuntary, deep sigh. I always thought Davy was sooooo cute, but the truth is, I knew I'd have lots more fun with Peter.

7 comments:

Amy Button said...

I love the "almost skirt"! Love the fabric!!! Cute, cute, cute!

Davy was totally my favorite monkey and I had eyes for no one else. Except for that boy that was in the "Escape to Witch Mountian" movies. Do you remember him? The super funny thing is that I saw some pictures of Travis from when he was little and he looks so much like him.

frabjouspoet said...

For what it's worth, the former duvet cover really looks like it wanted to be a skirt. I really can't see it as a dress, so I don't think it's any lack of sewing ability on your part. (It's just finicky fabric.)

I, too, thought Davy was cute, but he was a little *too* cute.

claibornes corner said...

Very nice butt shot! Dirty ole women just like to look! I like your skirt too and the Monkeys - Duh - I was a Mick Jagger Rolling Stone Girl....

Mary said...

Oh! That is wonderful! I can see why you love that pattern...it's too fun! You should get dress or skirt pattern sometime and get someone (come to Nashville and it could be me) to work through it with you. After that you'll have a greater knowledge in working with your own designs. This looks great though.

Christy said...

Yeah.....I really should do the whole pattern thing. I have a couple of them. The problem is that, instead of just working through the pattern, I always end up wanting to Frankenstein the whole thing and try to combine parts from two or three different ones. Perhaps I'll have to take Mary up on the whole come-to-Nashville-for-sewing lessons thing some day:) That could be fun. We could get into trouble at JoAnn's.
Nana, though I'm a little more of a rock chick myself, I never could see the whole Mick thing....

Allison Hache said...

Hmm, I never got the Mick thing either. :)

mindy said...

the skirt looks beautiful!! and thanks for the baby bird photo...you know me and my bird obsession. :]

i'm gonna have to side with claiborne on the whole monkees thing....i always thought they looked a bit dorky, but young mick jagger was hot...