Friday, April 11, 2008

Fledglings

Well, our little wrens have left the nest. I got the report from Chris last night when he went out to switch the laundry.
Actually, Chris has been totally obsessed with the birds. I get regular reports of when the parents are feeding them and lots of information on Carolina Wrens when he feels the need to Google them. Did you know they're monogamous? Also, they have to feed the babies every 15 minutes after they hatch. Mama and Papa Wren, as we call them (they never did tell me their names), have been so busy hunting and flitting in and out of the laundry room.
So, they left the nest yesterday and we spent a large portion of our morning watching the little ones stumble around the yard and flutter and flap. They are absolutely adorable.
Sadly, that's the most interesting thing about my week. Hope yours were eventful - but only in the good ways!

DAILY BLISS: I think it's gonna be when I finally go to bed tonight. I really do love my bed!

1 comment:

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

We have a birds nest also. It's on the carport. Mackenzie pointed out to me, though, that the birds are taking the little bits of lint that escape our dryer's lint trap and make it through the exhaust to the outside of the house and padding their nest with it. Perhaps that's why they like laundry rooms.