Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dress #2

This is my other Mothers' Day dress. It's all black and has a pretty little Peter Pan-ish collar:

And pretty lace at the hem:

It was a super bargain because it was missing its belt, so I just fished a bit of grosgrain ribbon through the belt loops and tied a pretty bow at my waist. And felt perky all day. Maybe it was the shoes....I can't be sure.
I also re-made the Almost Skirt that will now be known as the Duvet Skirt because now it has all been cut up and made into something other than what it became, due to almost being something and then not quite making it. See? Pictures forthcoming. It's in the wash right now.
It seems there was actual news to report today, but there is a bar of Starbucks Dark Chocolate (thankyoumindy) calling my name and a new episode of Bones to catch online, so.....I'm off!

DAILY BLISS: a whole pint of blueberries to myself and a nice, cool morning

5 comments:

claibornes corner said...

Now the black shoes are darling!! Happy Late Mother's Day to the Best!

Mary said...

I did not get a new dress on Mother's day but I did get new shoes and they had little bows on them too. I really enjoyed looking at my toes all morning.

I love the collar on your dress...and don't you love that the price of a dress goes down for those of us who have an imagination?

Christy said...

Yay for bow-shoes! I smile when I see bows on my toes too, Mary. And yes, I do love that little perk of being a creative person. Now that I'm learning to sew, so many more bargain opportunities are opening up to me too. It's wonderful!
And thanks, Nana :)

lubke-moss said...

Super cute! You have quite a lovely dress collection going for yourself (and shoes, too!). .....I shall not covet my neighbor's clothing.... :)

Amy Button said...

That is such a sweet dress! I really love it and the shoes too. I'm doing my best to not covet as well :)