Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Little Help?

So, the big 60th anniversary party for my grandparents is coming up soon and I have reluctantly volunteered to do a couple of songs with a cousin of mine during the entertainment portion of the party. What's that you say? Entertainment? But of course. My mom's family is full of pastors and other people who like to be on stages. Just kidding, Nana.
Anyway, the idea is to pick a few easy love songs that can be simply done with piano and possibly a guitar. The problem? Love ballads aren't exactly my thing. I like them alright, I suppose, but apparently not enough to remember any of them! So, it's not that I'm accusing you all of enjoying the schmoopy love songs or anything, it's just that I'm hoping you all have better recall than I do and can drop a few suggestions in the comments.
Anonymous suggestions are welcome, too. I know there are several regular readers out there who never drop a comment.....so, you know, you don't have to leave your name or anything. Can you tell I'm desperate?

DAILY BLISS: An hour to myself on a Thursday! Uncle Jon took the kids out for ice cream after school. What did I do? Nothing. Meadered around the house, read inconsequential amounts of a book, played a couple of songs on the piano....and just sat around a bit.

5 comments:

claibornes corner said...

Let's all do A del vice - can't spell it! Can you play it on the piano??????

Christy said...

Edelweiss - of course! I had actually thought of that some time ago and had totally forgotten. See what I mean about my memory being in bad shape?
Thanks, Claiborne!

Amy Button said...

I googled love songs from the '50's and a couple that stood out were "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" from Elvis and "Beyond the Sea" from Bobby Darin.

Here's the You Tube with him singing it. This song makes me smile :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEIDep_UMmk

60ish and Glad said...

How about By the Light of the Silvery Moon. I have the msuic for the recorder.

Christy said...

Haha, Mom! Why don't you do it as a solo:)? Amy - that Elvis song is one of my absolute favorites! See? I just need help remembering. And the clip of Bobby Darin is super-cute.