Monday, May 5, 2008

Not Really Mine to Share.....

But I did ask permission.
My friend Darla, who heads up a GED program that meets at the church I work for, has baby bluebirds in her yard! With all the talk of baby birds that has been going on here lately, I thought it would be nice to share the photos she took of her babies. Apparently, it's important to actually handle the babies, take them out of their nests and make sure they're clean! How great! So, here are her sweeties:



I've been getting daily reports from her because I'm a big nerd. The only nerd bigger than a nerd who is obsessive about their baby birds is the one who has never met the birds and is equally obsessed.
We spent a slothful, decadent weekend, mostly in our pajamas. There is probably more that I should confess to assuage my guilt. Most of it has to do with Tyler's Ultimate Enchiladas. But I think I will leave it at that.

4 comments:

Amy Button said...

Oh wow! I thought, "hmmm, I've never made enchiladas before" and thought I'd try...until I looked at that ingredient list. I can say with confidence that I've never made anything with that many ingredients before. They do sound completely delish though.

I love baby birds. We have some in the eaves/attic of our house but we can only hear them and see the mommy/daddy birds flying in and out to take care of them. We did have doves on our patio once and it was very, very cool.

Christy said...

LOL! I Guess that recipe is a little intimidating! The deal is, though, he's got ingredients for yellow rice and black beans on that page too, I think. Plus, you can buy salsa verde instead of making it. That makes it a lot easier :)

claibornes corner said...

Oh, they are so cute - I love Blue Birds!!! I feed my birds every morning and last week when they were painting the red birds fussed at me all the time!

mindy said...

baby birds!!! love 'em...