Saturday, May 24, 2008

It's Here!


Photo taken as it came out of the box by my son with his newly inherited 4mp point-and-shoot camera. Ain't it purty?
Also, I spent most of today making a dress and making our summer schedule. I have saved one week's worth of schedule in a format that I can upload here. It will be blurry, but I just wanted you to know. Actually, I picked a bad week to post up here...this one is a little out of routine, but I'm not cutting and pasting any more tonight. Suffice it to say that there's generally a bit more filling the 2:00-4:00 time slot - chess games, 15-minute bedroom pickups, quiet time in their rooms - and that each day of the week has something special assigned to it - Movie Monday, Tuesday Surprise Fun, Wednesday fast food lunch & Library, etc.



Click on it if you want to actually read it. This is a scheduling feat of mammoth proportions, folks. I have organized camps of varying interest for both kids and interesting activities to occupy portions of their days and combat boredom and a nice afternoon routine that settles them back in. I have devised all of this based on the route of least gas-usage possible (i.e., they will have $1 to spend at the dollar store when their camps end in the middle of town and money for the fruit stand when their camps end on the south end of town). I have taken my own route to work into account, as well as Denise's routes around town (she will be with my babies this summer, thank God! Given this summer's schedule, though, I bet she won't do it again...). Whimper. I have no brains left. This took all I had.

DAILY BLISS: My camera and finishing up Julianna's pay-it-forward dress! Hooray!

2 comments:

claibornes corner said...

can't wait to see the photos start flowing

Mary said...

I'm so excited for your camera. It doesn't even know what it's in for!