Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Flippety-doo-dah

Here's part of m'new haircut. It has lots of fun flippies. The rest of my face didn't want to be in a picture today. I tried to convince it, but I had to bargain hard just to put the eye in there:

And here's a photo of Emma's finished painting, as I promised some time ago.

And this is what living with an artist is like. There are papers like this all over my house.

I am particularly interested in the person with snorkeling gear, apparently under the water (note the bubbles) and holding a limp, maybe even dead girl. Death is a big theme for my drama queen. Also, I like the person foisting the huge baby with the pointy hat into a stroller. We have a couple of themes that run around on paper here. Wild Girl, Golden Hawk and Future Emma are the main characters of late. They are always having grand adventures. Why, just yesterday, Wild Girl was living at Lake Morton and riding on the backs of the swans. What a lovely life she must lead. Andrew observed that he certainly wouldn't want to let any of that gross water touch his skin. It was determined at that point that Wild Girl is used to that kind of thing and doesn't even mind if it gets in her eyes.

DAILY BLISS: Mom took me and the kids (our lonely selves without Daddy in town) out to dinner and I'm relishing the thought of some "me" time tonight - no productivity whatsoever - and that also means no sewing. Not even on the dress that's turning out pretty cute. None.

3 comments:

claibornes corner said...

I'm so glad she is drawing - and "drawing" on her imagination at the same time. Encourage her to draw because that is somethig I cannot do.

60ish and Glad said...

MY DAILY BLISS: A big Tweener - Andrew wanting steak and the extra salad bar and watching Mom try to say NO while she ordered the same thing. He ate it all though! No more kids meals for him.

Amy Button said...

I love fun hair flippies and beautiful paintings from beautiful little girls. I hope you have a big wall on which to put all of her creations :)