Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer Solstice 2008


It's time to celebrate the changing seasons again. Summer always brings us a trip to the beach, though we didn't have a lot of time to spare this year. We made it in time for a bit of shore-line walking, shell-hunting and sunset-watching, which is always enough to satisfy me anyway.
Come on in, the water's fine!

Happy kiddos:


Better than dessert:

Of course, there was lemonade and ice cream too. It's just not summer without those two. And I may be inspired to a little poetry, when I have the time. Whether I'll share or not is yet to be determined.....
Had fun learning about my macro lenses, too......I probably looked like such a tourist!


DAILY BLISS: thunderstorms in the morning and lunch on the porch

6 comments:

claibornes corner said...

I thought about you guys yesterday and wondered if you would go to the beach - yeah - you made it - love the "Macro" shot - I need more "artsy" pictures to paint...

Mary said...

I really love that last picture. Happy solstice to you.

You changed your blog skin again...Is that part of the season changing? I've missed the pattern thus far.

Amy Button said...

Love the photos! It looks like you guys had a great time and made me just a *tiny* bit homesick.

I'd frame that last photo. I wonder how it would look in black and white?

mindy said...

beautiful photos, beautiful family.....looks like you guys had a great time! happy summer!

Christy said...

Mary - I don't know if I'd call it seasonal....just whenever I feel like it :) I happened to feel a little inspired by the beach photos and my picnic quilt, so, there it is.
Amy - I might just try that. If it looks good, I'll post the results!

60ish and Glad said...

Well, you and Mindy take the cake with your photo-ing. I am so glad you have a camera that 20% matches your talent. Your kids have a great life. I want to be a kid.