Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What A Weekend: Chapter Three

In which we recall the party.
I did the decorating, which was a little tough since I had to take everything to the place and since it was a German-themed party. What do you do that's German-themed? Well, beer springs to mind.....but it doesn't look pretty on the table. So we went with grains in beer mugs. It's a stretch, but I think it worked.



There was a big gathering and a program, emceed by my uncle, and we all recounted hilarious stories about my grandparents. Most stories about my grandparents are hilarious.

Maybe some stories were a little embarrassing...

Do you suppose these guys are related at all?

My aunt, an entertainer by trade, did a funny song - something about "needin' a little sugar in my bowl" I think - and Emma helped out by fanning G-Pa when things got a little "hot:"


And we had a fabulous dinner at a little German restaurant in town. There was even a little room off to the side where we put the "kids' table."


And.....I think I only have one more post to go. We shall see when I get around to it. It's my absolute favorite and I'm sure it'll be yours too!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Looks like a great time. The decorations look fabulous and grandma and grandpa look adorable.

Amy Button said...

I love the decorations! Everything looks fabulous and even with all of the drama I'm glad it went well. It sounds like you've been incredibly busy.