Friday, June 27, 2008

A Little Somethin' I Made This Week

I've seen so many cute little pillowcase dresses for little girls on blogs and such, like here and here and few other places that I can't recall now. I wanted so badly to make one for my little girl, but she's not quite as little as a pillowcase anymore. Then I found this cute gingham king-sized pillowcase at the Goodwill for $3. Yahoo! So, I cut the armholes a little big and she has to wear a tank top underneath it, but I sitll love it. The ruffle was already on it, so I didn't have to even hem it. Here's a few pictures and a few gratuitous shots of my beautiful girl.
Sorry this one's so bad, but it's the only full shot I managed to get of this squirmy worm:

A little touch of sweet lace:


My darling girl:


DAILY BLISS: sitting out on my porch steps at dusk - just the right time to watch the street lights flicker on

4 comments:

claibornes corner said...

That is too cute....

Mary said...

That last picture makes me smile back at those big pretty eyes. Very good job on the dress. What a fun find.

60ish and Glad said...

How cute is that. It reminds me of making handkerchief tops with strings when i was young. I don't now why...maybe because they served a different purpose. All you do is fold over a corner and add a string. Then tie the other two in the back.

Amy Button said...

Very cool! I'd never heard of that. It turned out beautifully with an exceptionally beautiful little model.