Monday, June 2, 2008

What A Weekend: Chapter One

I am going to have to break this weekend down into much smaller segments. There's just so much that has happened.
Let's start with Friday, shall we?
Friday was the annual elementary school field trip to Cypress Gardens. It's always a good time, and since this was Andrew's last year (the middle schoolers go to Busch Gardens instead), Chris and I both took the day off and we had a family outing. For those of you who grew up here, it's worth noting that Cypress Gardens is no longer just gardens. They have fun rides too! Most of them are old-school carnival rides and there are a couple of wooden roller coasters. Emma and Andrew both went on their first real roller coaster rides. The latter probably never will again, the former will as often as possible. Pretty much as expected.
But they do have bumper cars! Oh, the bumper cars. My smallest has heretofore watched with longing from the sidelines, because she hasn't been tall enough. Until this year. I had more fun playing with my zoom lens than I would have had riding.
Here's Dad, explaining the ins and outs of bumper car driving.

See the wires up there, kids? That's how it works.

Normally, we try not to crash into each other while we drive.

This one's my favorite. Just look at all that fun!

Tilt-a-whirl thingy:

And a double-decker carousel. Did the girls ride once on each floor? Absolutely. This is Emma's horse. Her name was Swanly.


My favorite? The butterfly habitat.

Hello, Mr. Butterfly. Would you like to join me later for some Fairy Tea?

Sigh. More to come....

1 comment:

Mary said...

That's wonderful.