Friday, June 6, 2008

What A Weekend: Fourth and Final Chapter

In which a tiny artist is discovered.
Well, she's quickly un-tinying and we knew she had it in her all along.
Emma had her first art lesson with my aunt, the aforementioned entertainer and also a painter. They set up easels and canvases and Emma donned her beret. We were stunned at the results, but at the same time, it was not entirely unexpected that something like this would happen. But with just one lesson? Here. Let some photos explain it (some images are courtesy of my aunt, some courtesy of my mom - I was hosting knitting night on that evening).






This is not a shot of the final painting, but you can already see how amazing it is! I haven't been home in the daylight, so have not gotten a good picture of it. That's partly why it's taken me this long to post this....this final chapter in the tale of a weekend, just in time for the next weekend to begin. I promise a photo soon....
In the meantime, I will be getting my hair done and digging into my pile of paperwork. Oofda. It's big. Once I get it all in one place (it's hiding in little corners and tucked in small places throughout the house), I will probably take a picture of it. Seeing all the things I have been neglecting in one place, in concrete form, will probably explain the chaos that is my brain-over-the-last-couple-of-weeks. I have two dresses that I want to make for myself in the next couple of weeks, too. But I must, must, must take care of some of this other junk first.

DAILY BLISS: dinner out with my parents and black patent secretary shoes with white piping around the Mary Jane strap - bliss in each downward glance!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Wow.

Amy Button said...

Oh-my-goodness! That painting is incredible. Great job Emma!

60ish and Glad said...

To watch her work was incredible. She listened intently and did exactly as Nanna did. The week end was exhausting and great. My kids made it so! Thanks darlin' for all you do!