Tuesday, June 17, 2008

He's Getting Better and Better

I love sharing about my son's growing sense of humor. He really can't help it, having grown up in this twisted hodgepodge of people we call a family. But he really topped himself today. But he has approached it from such an academic angle. I remember when he was little and was just catching on to things, having studied my sense of humor and my husband's very closely and asking lots of questions about what was funny and what wasn't. He used to point and yell out, "sarcasm!" when I made snide remarks about things. Not that I've done that ever. Since five minutes ago.
My honey was sharing with me the most interesting part of his day - a pretty funny story. He had ordered a chicken sandwich from the Golden-Arched Feed Trough for lunch, no mayo (he's dealing with the grave sorrow of a few extra pounds). He brought it back to work and tucked in, getting about halfway through the thing when it was discovered that the chicken was not cooked through! Bleah!
I asked him how he was feeling - was he queasy or anything? He told me no, but that if he did puke, he was going to do so into a paper bag. Then he'd set it in front of the door and light the bag on fire. Clever, clever man.
We were all laughing when Andrew blurted out, in the style of one of my favorite games (long-ago pilfered from Dave Barry):
"Flaming Puke! That'd be a great name for a rock band!"
Dang, I love that kid!

DAILY BLISS: peanut-butter-and-apple waffle sandwiches for supper and 10 minutes of silence on my way home from work today.....in the car.....by myself.......not even the radio on!

2 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

That was so funny I have tears.

Amy Button said...

Flaming puke *would* be a great name for a rock band. So Funny!