Sunday, June 29, 2008

Train Up A Child

This is a confession, of sorts. One in which I prove that children see everything and we had better be prepared to justify the things we do.
Emma came to me with a temporary tattoo in hand. She asked me if I'd put it on for her. I said, "Sure. Where do you want it?" And she lifted up her shirt in the back, exposing her low back. She said, "Right where you have your Selah one, Mommy."
Okay.
We did have a talk about being a grown up before you decide to get a real one, because the real ones are forever ones. I told her that I waited until I was more than 30 so I could be sure I'd like the ones I picked.
She reassured me that she probably doesn't want a real one anyway - ever. Because they hurt and she's not into that.

1 comment:

claibornes corner said...

That kid is pretty smart!! But I do love the Ladybug!