Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Best-Laid Plans

We were supposed to head back home this morning, but things don't always go according to our plans. My grandpa passed out while we were loading the van. We had to call an ambulance and it looks like he will be in the hospital for at least 24 hours. It may have something to do with his heart, though it's never been a problem before. We just don't know yet. So, instead of waiting until I get home to update you all with pictures and stories of our warm holiday, spent tucked away in north Georgia, I will busy myself with posting now, still tucked away in north Georgia on a drizzly, chilly morning.
We stayed with my aunt and uncle, who are both creative people. Among my aunt's many talents and occupations, she's a singer. She has closets full of stage clothes, hats and high heels. Most importantly, high heels that are nearly Emma's shoe size. Emma waits with great anticipation to dress up in Nana's closets (the kids call my aunt Nana).



Among my uncle's many occupations, he is a drummer. The kids both enjoyed a little time on his set in the basement.


My aunt and uncle, instead of children, have Yorkies. Between their two Yorkie babies and my parents' pack of three dogs and our little red poodle, there were dogs everywhere!


In fact, everywhere the turkey went, the dogs were sure to go.

A lovely table was set for all (Emma is working hard on something here as all the girls were bustling around and setting places)

I made my little egg-free pie and marked it with a "C" so no one would dare to touch my pie.

And the rest of the evening was pretty much spent in a comatose state.
All in all, though this year has brought tough times to so many, we have so much that we are grateful for.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Looks just wonderful. Sorry about Grandpa's episode. I hope to read that all is well in the next post.