Sunday, November 2, 2008

Poetry

With little to post about myself today, I thought I'd get around to something I've been meaning to put here. This is a fall poem by Emma, written on the occasion of the Autumnal Equinox (original line breaks and punctuation included):

Autumn's Secret

Autumn's
Secret Pumpkin Pie,
Brown and red
leaves flowing by.

Autumn's Secret
has begun, Autumn
will be fun, fun,
fun.

Also, I have three four-ounce jars of Vanilla Pumpkin lotion sitting on my counter top. $9 each to the first three takers! Leave a comment and we'll work out details via email if you want one of them...or two of them - whatever.

DAILY BLISS: paint-covered, beer-enhanced girl talk at my Becky's house

7 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the poem. Make sure you tell Emma that I think it's FABULOUS!

Christy said...

Will do!

claibornes corner said...

Such a lovely poem Emma!!!

Mary said...

That is precious. I think Emma will astound us all...wait she already has.

lubke-moss said...

You know what Christy? I just love how you endulge in and enjoy the simple things in life - and force, though it seems it doesn't take much prodding, your family to join in on the pleasantries. :)
Hope you are having a great week!

Amy Button said...

Ooh, if you still have one, I'd like a lotion. I'm a bit behind- I've been sick.

Christy said...

I do have one, Amy. Been saving it just for you. I'll email you and then I'll put it up on Etsy for you or whatever works :)