Sunday, November 23, 2008

It Was A Good Idea In Theory

Hello blog. Sorry I've been a little absent, but I've been a busy, busy little maker. Somehow, in an effort to "simplify" my holidays, I have decided to make presents for almost everyone I know. And somehow, while that seems a simplification, it has turned out to be a complication. I wanted to share a few pictures, just so you know that I have been busy. There was just a tiny bit of light left in my back yard last night, so they aren't great pictures.

I have got to stop apologizing for things like that.

So, I thought I'd make Emma's Christmas dress this year. It was a good thought. She picked out the fabric and the pattern and, due to my inexperience, they did not go well together. The jumper should have had a more drape-y fabric. Instead, she swung her hips back and forth saying, "ding dong, ding dong," pretending to be a Christmas bell. That might be distracting when she's on stage for her Christmas concert.

But I did finish this cute-y cute little scarf for somebody:

And a pair of funny sleep pants for Andrew:

And I made this sweet little apron for my grandma. She doesn't read this blog....I don't think. So it's probably safe to show a little bit of it:

I had more complete photographs of it, but...well...I am too vain to share them. They were awful. Or I looked awful in them. That's probably a little more accurate.
I've made a couple of stocking caps for some of my guys and I have one or two other completed projects that I absolutely cannot share, even if I want to so very badly that it makes me scrunch up my nose to think of not sharing. And I have so many more things on my list to make. The making part is fun. The time crunch part is not.

I did have a little visitor in the yard while I was trying to take some pictures for you. He enjoyed pecking around on one of my ancient, nearly-dead camellia bushes.
He cheered me significantly.


DAILY BLISS: Jack Bauer on TV again. Oh my. Very nice.

4 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

I LOVE your projects! The dress and scarf are just DARLING!

Mary said...

Great stuff! I love Emma's dress, even if it dings instead of flings. The scarf is very cute indeed.

I had several homemade plans as well, but now my sewing machine is in the shop. Maybe I'll make some New Years gifts in mid-January. Or maybe Valentine's Day will work.

Maybe someone will get me a new sewing machine for Christmas!!!!

60ish and Glad said...

I am so glad Emma thought of a Christmas bell.. My sweet girl

claibornes corner said...

ooh, I love Emma's dress!