Saturday, November 1, 2008

What's That Smell?

I went to a weenie roast tonight, and I don't care who knows about it.
I actually ate three hot dogs. The only thing that lessens my embarrassment about this whole deal is the fact that I didn't eat any hot dog buns (they usually have corn syrup in them - allergies); so, maybe it's not too bad....
I haven't eaten a hot dog in a long time but I was thinking tonight about how I've always enjoyed hot dogs cold. That probably should have gone in my seven weird things list. I have only met one other person that likes cold hot dogs.
I wore the Honeybee Stole to the bonfire. Not for the obvious reason of showing off my handiwork, but for the fact that wood smoke is my favorite smell in the world. And I knew that this natural fiber would retain that wood smoke smell for a good, long time. So, I really wore it to stink it up.
Next month, when I stuff my nose deep into that alpaca fiber, I will be so glad about how it smells. I'm sure.
There were hayrides and the kids bobbed for apples and made s'mores too. Loads of fun made even better due to the fact that I was not hosting this party. I sat my hiney on a bale of hay and, well, just sat. And now I will go to bed, smelling of campfire and sleep (hopefully for that extra hour too - you never know with kids and daylight savings time).

DAILY BLISS: I got my hair done today. It's not a too much different, but a little shorter and it feels really cute. I think I'm going to grow it back out after this one...but, nothing beats a professional shampoo and a blow-out, you know?

2 comments:

Amy Button said...

That all sounds like so much fun. I'm the exact opposite when it comes to smoke smell *but* it's nice to have something like that to make you feel all warm and cozy inside.

frabjouspoet said...

I eat all my food at room temperature or colder. If I liked hot dogs, I would prefer them cold. But I don't like hot dogs at all, so I guess it doesn't really matter. :) Sounds like soooo much fun.