Thursday, November 6, 2008

Jittery

Well, I made it through another Thursday.
I answered the phone at work and heard, "hot or iced?" That's it. No introduction - just "hot or iced?" And that is the signature greeting of my friend Jen when she is bringing me coffee at work. I think everybody should have a friend that brings them coffee at random times.
It was a venti, thanks-very-much. Let me tell you, I did not fall asleep today while shuttling the kids between instrument lessons and ballet. I mean, sure, there were a few heart palpitations. But that's nothing in the light of the whole being-awake-while-driving thing. It was good.
As I left the office, I saw the moon. It was 2:30 in the afternoon and there it was - a half-full, pale and shimmery moon high in the sky. I enjoyed watching it shift position and grow brighter and brighter throughout the rest of the afternoon. Every time I got out of the car, at one place or another, there was that lovely and early moon greeting me. By the time I walked out of Target and headed back to ballet to get Emma, it was high and bright.
When the public places and pavement that comprise my daily life make it hard to breathe, it's ever so nice to find a connection to nature that I can grab onto. It slows me down and gives me pause....no matter how much coffee I've had to drink.

DAILY BLISS: chocolate. i ate a whole Hershey bar by myself and it was fun

3 comments:

claibornes corner said...

I've seen those "daytime" moons - they are cool.....

60ish and Glad said...

Hershey - yummy! Who is Jen??

Christy said...

Hey Mama - she's the DCE at Messiah Lutheran in Tampa. Technically not a DCE, but serves there in that capacity....