Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Guitar Hero

I don't feel wordy today. I know, I know - somebody should take my temperature or something! So, mostly there will be photos.
Andrew's guitar class was invited to a local supermarket to play some festive music as they kicked off a holiday season sale. It was wonderful.


It's going to be cold tonight - at freezing or below locally. We were outside, right next to the fire logs. We don't get to have fires here often, so we must take advantage while we can!

He has been using my mom's old guitar. It's a beautiful folk instrument from, I think, Mexico. I love his smallish hands on it and the fingerprints they leave all over it.

He's focused. He's intense.

It's exhausting.

Little sisters can't stand too much of the focus being taken off them, though. They start chanting things like, "Take a picture of me, now!"


As they flit about between the light

and the shadows.

But we all know who the Hero of the Afternoon really was.


DAILY BLISS: a gorgeous, colorful, cloud-free sunset

6 comments:

Mary said...

Aw...may you have many more wonderful moments listening to those hands play. Owen was enamored with the pictures of someone so young playing guitar. He's itching to do it too.

60ish and Glad said...

Oh! That last photo is a love! THe guitar is a hand made- Hernandez Garcia from Madrid Spain. Shortly after I got it as a gift, the last Garcia died and they sold the label to Japan.
Enrique Garcia the grandfather built hand made guitars that are in museums - he did guitars aroudn the turn of the 20th centyr.

Christy said...

Oh Mary! That is so precious! Oh - get him a little one! Where there's passion...there is often talent!
Mom - it is a beautiful instrument. Thank you so much for giving him this opportunity.

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
claibornes corner said...

Our "Rock Star" and his Chick Singer!!!!

Liz Harrell said...

Your family makes me smile.