Monday, April 12, 2010

Green

We are having such a green spring here in Florida! Normally, our live oak trees go from sort of brown and dark green to a little bit of bright green mixed with the dark green. But I think the freeze we had this year killed so much vegetation that we are having a real, honest-to-goodness spring as everything slowly comes back to life.

I kid you not, that is straight out of the camera, with no adjustments! There's so much bright green everywhere.
I took a walk today, hoping to feel like a photographer and be inspired - hoping to find something really striking to photograph. It didn't work out. But I did see this majestic heron at the lake. At least, he seemed to think he was majestic.

But then my brother called me and invited me to have lunch with him, so I left the heron to his lunch and I left in search of mine.

1 comment:

Amy Button said...

I love autumn *but* spring is running a really close second. Very cool that you guys get to have a real spring too.