Thursday, June 14, 2007

Fun, Fun, Fun

I had a lot of fun today. I laughed a lot.
I also knitted and chatted with my little one on the couch. That was extraordinary and there will be photos soon. I'm just in a hurry today and don't feel like uploading them.
I also ordered jars for my lotion and sugar scrub and body butter! AAAANNND I ordered a cute font for my labels. I really like fonts. In a weird way. I get really excited about cute ones - especially when they're free - which is how I found fontdiner.com, which is where I bought fonts tonight. I don't usually spend money on them, you see. But, well, if you're going to have something commercial-ish, you'd better make sure you have a license. So, I bought....
I'm rambling.
I also got a little software called GIMP to play around with for funsies. I've never coughed up the cash for PhotoShop. I will pause here for the collective gasp that is sure to follow.
Someone who loves photos as much as I surely has all the latest and greatest....well, nope. I don't. It should be fun to try something new. I guess I'm trying lots of new somethings right now. Knitting, lotioning, GIMPing....fun!

DAILY BLISS: Lady Grey tea in my gorgeous cups and saucers from Anthropologie. I read that you don't like it Amy, but I love it!

5 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

The only reason I have PhotoShop is because I went to a workshop and got it for free.

Mary said...

For years I have been telling people I love fonts and they all think I'm weird. Font's are one of my favorite things. I'll definitely visit this diner you speak of.

Amy Button said...

Oh wow! Yeah, Anthropologie (an apology is what Travis calls it) was a little to shabby in the shabby chic genre for me. I'm more of a modern/cottage/comfy girl. Not that I don't apprecate the shabby chic style; I just really didn't like the burlap covered dining chairs they had on display. There's nothing comfy about that. But having said ALL that I'm sure your cups and saucers are beautiful and I could cut Anthropologie some slack considering I've only been there once.

Christy said...

Aw, girl, you don't have to cut it any slack at all on my behalf:)

60ish and Glad said...

Well, I have never been there and probably would like it but never buy anything because it costs so much.....but it strikes me to be a little like Harley Davidson. You know "I shop at Anthropology, Crate and Barrel, and Restoration Hardware." is like saying "I have a Harley" and wearing Harley leather and Harley hats, and Harley boots and Harley underwear and drinking coffee in your Harley mug on the way to work in your Ford truck.