Friday, June 15, 2007

Somethin's Cookin'

I really enjoyed cooking tonight. I like to cook for the most part, but we just haven't had time/Chris has been out of town...blah blah blah...
I made salmon with lime/honey/fresh ginger glaze. Yum. I grabbed my iPod and listened to a little John Mayer (I have a hard time getting past his little Jessica Simpson thing, and he's a little weird-looking, but...mmmm! that's good cookin' music), tied on an apron, shut out the kids and the world and just cooked something yummy. I even licked my fingers. Maybe a lot.
Chris came home mid-cook and started to rummage around the kitchen. I told the foraging bear to get lost. I might have called him Nosy McClanahan, come to think of it. But this was "me" time, dadgummit.
So, I'm really glad that it's Friday. Hooray for the weekend. I got my grocery shopping done tonight, so I plan to sleep in tomorrow.

DAILY BLISS: a good, deep book that makes my head hurt and my baby girl's long, long curls

No comments: