Monday, June 4, 2007

Tidbits

Busy weekend....but lots of fun stuff is going on! Chiefly, I got a new haircut. I always love getting my hair done. I drive all the way to Tampa to see my cool sister-in-law's hair guy and it really is worth the drive. I told him I was ready for a little bit of change (my hair is one thing I'm definitely not afraid to change, and I do so often). He was happy about that, took a look at the little inspirational photo I brought and made me into a new woman! Bangs and all! I'll try and get Chris to take a photo of me - which he hates to do. I usually end up holding my arm out in front and taking 40 shots in hopes of getting one where my whole face is in the photo. Ah, well.
Secondly, Emma and I learned how to knit from my fabulous work-friend Julianna. She's got lots of different talents, but when Emma found out she could knit, it was immediately decided that Emma would be learning to knit. Yes, Emma made that decision. She pilfered two bamboo skewers out of my kitchen drawer and wadded some rainbow-colored string around them. She's been carrying that around for, like, two months. Anyway, she finally succeeded in that goal. She really took right to it and is the cutest thing I've ever seen - sitting there in a big chair with her brow furrowed over a ball of yarn and a pair of knitting needles, just working them away. I am pretty excited to have learned to knit too. I already have a nicely-sized practice square going. If it gets longer, I'll start telling people it's a scarf.
Maybe I'll get Chris to take a photo of me with my new haircut while I'm knitting.
Another interesting thing is that I discovered how easy it is to get super-sick from food that you don't know contains something you're allergic to. I spent most of Saturday feeling sorry for myself as I frantically tried to recount what I had eaten over the past few days. I have been so good. I think I figured out what it is, but am fighting the notion that I will always have to order very plain food at restaurants. What a pain in the patootie. My mom bought me some hypoallergenic brownie mix. They were so good that I ate them for breakfast.
Maybe I'll have Chris take a photo of me with my new haircut while I'm knitting and eating gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free brownies.

DAILY BLISS: I got to dixie-cup a fence today. We were just using cups to spell words on a chain-link fence, but it sounded so much like t.p.-ing a house, that I enjoyed it immensely.

No comments: