Friday, June 29, 2007

A Kindred Soul

I have a new friend at work. I am quite taken with this friend. It's a bird. I'm pretty sure it's a male. This little feathered fellow has found the absolute best perch in town. He sits right on top of the cross at the very top of the church's roof. And he sits there most of the day, singing his song loudly and proudly. He knows that he's the king around here. He knows his message will be heard. I'm fairly certain of his maleness due to his tireless attempts to impress any surrounding females. A girl bird would have given up after a couple of hours. He continues to declare his worth, though, and has for about three days now. The only flaw I can find with his methodology is that there is no room for a girl to flutter in next to him, scoot him over just a bit and tell him how wonderfully melodic his tune is. So there he is. He's quite alone. But he's singing from his very gut anyway.
I realized that I do this when I'm blogging. Maybe that's why I love him so much. We both have a chosen platform and sing our tunes out, whether or not anyone really is listening. Fortunately for me, though, I have the little "comments" perch. It's so nice that you all have scooted in next to me and told me what you think of my thoughts. It's much more friendly with two, as Pooh Bear likes to say.

DAILY BLISS: wearing jeans to work and that moment when the lady at the bank told me I was photogenic (I had to get a new debit card - she even laughed at the condition of my current one)

1 comment:

Joe said...

Seems his efforts have impressed one female, at least. Too bad for him that you're: 1) married, AND 2) not a bird.