Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Storms and Giggles

I left work today and startled the clouds as I opened the door. They thundered at me in surprise. I jumped.
My hubby got home today! Yay! I can get a good night of sleep now! I don't sleep well when he's not here. Maybe I just feel a subconscious need to be on high alert or something...I was up at least five times in my paltry five-and-a-half hours of sleep last night.
We were hugging and laying on the bed catching up and I was hearing little fighting voices in the living room. Before you know it, the smallest voice came in and plopped on the bed, simultaneously tattling on the bigger voice. She was quickly followed by the latter, declaring his innocence. We were laughing so hard at them! I know you're supposed to keep it together when you're parents and all, but honestly! The things they argue about really crack me up! So there we were, Chris and I, laughing so hard we couldn't even interfere. So the argument escalated. I found myself laughing hysterically in the middle of the bed with my husband as a full-scale shouting match was taking place right over the top of us. I put on my mom voice and sent them to opposite ends of the sofa. But I laughed again. I told them not to touch each other or speak to each other - but I was really laughing hard by this point. I'm not sure if they could understand me. Then Chris told them they had to close their eyes too. That was it. They stormed up to await their consequences while we just laughed and laughed. Poor, tortured souls.
Ahhhh. Summer break. Kids really do act like that over summer break when they're stuck at home together.
On another note, I finished my little practice square tonight. I decided it was time to learn to bind it off, since it was awful enough to be completely useless. I was very amazed at the bind-off technique as it worked. So, fun fun fun, I have knitted a square. I used nubbly yarn, so it feels kind of like a square of oatmeal. Which may sound like I'm saying that my square is gooey and needs some brown sugar. But I'm really saying that it's beige and lumpy and warm.

DAILY BLISS: coconut rice and a new necklace

1 comment:

frabjouspoet said...

"Beige and lumpy and warm." Sounds like a dreamy way to live life some days.

Kids are like that in school, too. I've had moments when I've walked into the closet just to hide my giggles. I've also made them close their eyes so I could pace around the room to alleviate my anger. Kids are such fascinating creatures, and our lives are so much richer when we see them as people.