Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It's Ratherly.....

Had a delightful conversation just now with the Em-ster. We talked about an imaginary cookie recipe she was concocting called Sugar Plum Cookies. They are sugar cookies "with sugar" and have peaches, plums and raisins in them. They look like a danish on the top with a circle of red jelly on the top of them and icing drizzled across. I asked her if it was plum jelly. She asked if there was such a thing. I said yes. She asked if it was expensive. I said not too much, but just enough. Then she said, "It's ratherly strawberry or blueberry jelly."
I like that. It's much less self-centered to say that something is ratherly something else, instead of saying I'd rather it be. I may start using this new phrase. It has many applications. You can use it to magically change something you don't want into something you do want.
Dinner is ratherly at a restaurant tonight.
Do you like the sweater I gave you? Well....it's ratherly looser.
Non-committal. I'm liking this.
In other news, we really enjoyed our trip to the Florida Aquarium yesterday. My young conservationist son loves to learn about endangered animals. He especially loves sea turtles. We also got to watch the little penguin-os on their promenade. I really love them! They just walk around in the little square and investigate the children that are ratherly sitting still with their arms at their sides (see that? I magically changed those children into critters who were sitting still).
I was freshly reminded that I love my own children. Children of the General Public? Eh, not so much. It was amazingly crowded for a Monday morning at the aquarium. And full of misbehavior.
I slept like a log last night. Maybe I'm getting over this insomnia deal. Waking up? It's ratherly easy.

DAILY BLISS: Giving a lifeguard kid at the pool an autographed shirt from my brother's band. He'd told me he was a fan, and I asked my brother for a favor. It was so fun! I'll be smiling about his reaction for a week!

5 comments:

Amy Button said...

It's ratherly...cute!

I miss the FL aquarium; they didn't have penguins there the last time I went. Of course that was several years ago.

And- my daughter is a huge Copeland fan! The 17 year old, not the little ones:)

Christy said...

Hooray for Copeland fans! Did you know my brother is their drummer? It still weirds me out when people talk about them, or when I see their video in Target or something:) But it's cool. He's really paid his dues in the music world and deserves every bit of success!
The penguins are a new thing, I guess. They have one of the first ever interactive programs with penguins. It was so cute - no fences or cages!

Mary said...

We have visited the Florida Aquarium twice and I really enjoyed it both times.

Ratherly...so cute!

Amy Button said...

I didn't know which one your brother was because I don't think I've paid attention to the cover pictures. But Amanda and I listen to one of their albums in the car and sing "Come back from California, all us here in Florida..." and she told me she thought they were from Lakeland. I actually called her today (She's away at Governor's School for 5 weeks, if you've seen Raise Your Voice with Hillary Duff, it's that kind of thing) and told her and there was much "Oh-My-Gosh-ing" and squealing going on.

Christy said...

Ah! Squealing. I did a lot of that at bands when I was her age ;)
My brother didn't play with them on that album, but he joined up not long after. But my favorite song is the coffee one on that album!