Saturday, June 16, 2007

What To-Do List?

I went with my mom today to look at a little parakeet she's buying for Andrew's birthday. He's allergic to almost every sort of animal with fur, so a bird is a good kind of pet for him. These little babies are being hand-fed and are so sweet. One of them just cuddled into my cheeks and squawked and whistled with me. I have a weird thing where I talk to critters. It's really insane if you take me to the zoo. Maybe I want a birdie too.....OH! But this is a secret - so don't say anything to Andrew :)
At any rate, I really enjoyed being with my mom this morning and my grandma came along too. I'm so proud of my granmda. She's so active (and my grandpa too) and involved in her church and in our famliy life. My children have a great-grandma that they really know who has played with them and sung to them and been to their birthday parties! How amazing!
The boys (Hubby, my dad, and my brother) went to a firing range and unloaded a few rounds, then they took the male child to the Bass Pro shop in Orlando. What a bunch of rednecks we are! But it left the evening open for a chick flick and some chatting. Nice.
What a wonderfully wasted day! I have accomplished nearly nothing and I had so much fun doing it!

DAILY BLISS: $5 clearance shirts, fried apples, and pretending to be a fairy with Emma

3 comments:

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe said...

I had a budgie when I was a kid. He flew away when Dad "accidentally" left his cage door unlocked. I miss you, Sunshine.

Note: Sorry for all of the times I have to delete my comments. You would think I coudl proofraed ebtter.

Christy said...

Same thing happened to my quaker parakeet. It was the garage door that got left open (remember my room was in the garage?) and we had neglected to clip his wings for just long enough. I was heartbroken. My mother contends to this day that she saw him flying with a flock of geese. Their honking sounded like the familiar notes of my bassoon. Thanks, Ma!
And, uh, if you knew how many times I edited and re-published each post, you wouldn't be apologizing at all. I can't ever edit until I see the whole thing. Even then, I don't spend the time that I should.....