Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Good Day

This was a good day. Every time I looked down, I saw this:

I have this theory that only good things can happen when you're wearing red shoes. It pans out for the most part. Today, though, I spent my work day under my desk messing around with my stupid computer. I shouldn't say stupid. Sorry. It's just a temperamental thing. And I think it has heaved its last sigh. I tinkered and toyed and searched and plugged and unplugged...all while wearing said shoes. But maybe I'll get a new computer. Maybe that's the good thing that happened while I was wearing red shoes.
At any rate, I managed to get to swimming lessons on time, VBS on time, and bring a delightful fruit salad to work for the staff meeting (I cut the strawberries like flowers - the whole thing looked like a bouquet). After wallowing around on the floor all day in my red shoes and polka dots, I got everything done on my afternoon list, made hypo-allergenic cookies for myself and talked to a friend wayyyy too late into the night. I am SO on top of it today. I would imagine, due to that last, perhaps unwise-ish segment of my day, I will not be as much on top of it tomorrow. Oh well. I'll also be wearing black shoes tomorrow. Maybe that's the whole problem.

DAILY BLISS: a farmer on his tractor in an orange field, freezie pop solidarity and finding out that my favorite swimming instructor from last year still works at the pool this summer!

3 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

Hmm...I cannot help but wonder about your comment on the favorite swimming instructor. It was too much to resist.

60ish and Glad said...

Well, I am back on the what if from the last blog! Here are a couple of yours I remember.

Kiki: "What if a robber steals me in the middle of the night - and breaks my window."

Mom "We would hear him and Dad would save you. Go to sleep."(at 2:30 in the morning)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kiki: "What if Jesus didn't die?

Mom: " Well, dear, He did. But the best part is He rose from the dead and is our Saviour and lives in our hearts."

Kiki: " No He doesn't"

Mom: "No He doesn't what?"

Kiki: " He doesn't live in our hearts. He lives in my ears and wrists because when I sleep like this I hear him moving around in there."

Christy said...

Alright Alli. He's a big guy with a goatee and tattoos. Just the kind of person I like to talk to. Found out he collects old books and writes poetry! Wonderful summertime conversation ;)
I never wind up talking to the other moms. They're too busy talking about shopping and how much they pay for daycare and stuff. Boring.