Thursday, June 7, 2007

Mooging

This has been a long day. I cleaned my mom's house today and completely forgot about our chat, Becky. Sorry. I mean, I really cleaned my mom's house. For those of you that are hoping for a morsel of house-cleaning advice, I have something. I know, I know. Don't rip each others' hair out, girls. There's enough here for everyone.
Anyway, wound up my evening scrubbing all of her tile. My mom has a lot of tile on the floor. So.....I hate mopping, and I don't like hands-and-knees scrubbing either. Well, I don't much like housework. So, my mom taught me to use a bucket of soapy water and a broom. You dip the broom in the water....you probably already know this trick, but tricks are fun, and fun is good. The fun part is when you grab a big, old towel and skate around the floor on it to dry it. Sometimes, Mary, I even do this in a tiara :)
Anyhoo, tonight's scrubbing was made much more enjoyable by the moog music. That's not a type-o. Stay with me here.
I was playing some kids' music to appease the restless ones, and my dad came laughing out of the office and said "That's Popcorn!" I said that I knew that already, but how did he know it? He said that Crazy Frog was not the first to have done this song, and he started Googling. That's when it got a little crazy. I guess he owned this album called "Music to Moog By" and it just went downhill from there. In the spirit of keeping you fully informed of my life and times, I am requesting that you follow the links below. Then you will know just how hard I was laughing while I was skating around the wet tile on top of a towel.
Bolero
Toreador from Carmen
Popcorn (you may have to click on "versions" at the top, then select either one of the Gershon Kingsley clips)
At any rate, I am nearly crying with laughter. I hope you take the time to laugh with me. If it helps, you can picture me wearing a tiara, skating across the floor on a wet towel.

DAILY BLISS: freezie pops and sunburned kids (not crispy, just pink on the cheeks)

No comments: