Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Cone of Uncertainty


This is my purchase from the Classic Elite Yarns factory store. It's a cone of 100% alpaca, laceweight yarn. I have no idea how much there is on a cone, but I know they usually sell it by the pound, and there were similar cones of yarn in there for upwards of $25 per pound. Let's say that I got a real deal. It was actually an incredible deal. And it will make something for me. But I don't know what it'll be...yet.
Also, the girl at the shop was super nice! We just talked and talked and I found out that her name is Alice and she has a pattern that will be published in this winter's Interweave Knits magazine! Be on the lookout for it - she showed it to me and it's a super-cute, empire-waist sweater. I even got to try on the sleeve for size! I'm pretty sure she said it was her first design and published pattern. I can't wait to see it in print.

1 comment:

60ish and Glad said...

well, maybe now you know what to make with your yarn!